Thursday 19 May 2011

May 18 and 19 Birmingham

May 18th - 
Our transition day from London to Birmingham began with a deja vu experience for me (Kristi): Running through the streets to catch our bus (coach) ride to Birmingham and arriving with 2 minutes to spare, exactly  the same thing that happened to me four years earlier with my friends from OM. Nevertheless, sweaty and extremely thankful we arrived and left through the rain immediately to Birmingham. 
Our dear friends, James and Kasia Talbot, with there two adorable children, Gabriela (7 yrs) and Jonathan (2 yrs), welcomed us into there home for a relaxing evening - much to our gratitude! 


May 19th - I was particularly excited to share Birmingham with my family since I lived in the area in 2007 for 1/2 a year with the Operation Mobilization ministry. It was so special to have my family see the training center and meet some of the people who were part of the staff training team I worked with :)


                                              The Family At the Talbots' Kitchen Table

Later that day... The cultural side of Birmingham was at our finger tips, as the Talbots took us to see the canals which run throughout this industrial city. We also spent the day at Birmingham’s British Museum, gawking over many rooms full of paintings, sculptures, and relics of England as well as Egypt, the Middle East, North America, and the Far East. 
Amazing history and good quality time with dear friends :)

~ Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment